Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ipsy: September Unboxing!


Hello beauties and beaus!

I just received my September Ipsy subscription package and I wanted to share it with you all. I didn't open it until I started taking pictures for this post....will power! 

Here is the 'About' from the Ipsy website:

Michelle Phan has inspired countless women around the world through her beauty video tutorials on YouTube. Every day, the question Michelle gets asked the most is: "What are the right products for me?"

With infinite beauty product combinations in the marketplace, choosing the best items for your needs can be a challenge! That was why Michelle created ipsy. Michelle and her team of stylists have selected products they love, for you to try.

Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month.  

They have you take a beauty quiz to assist with what items you receive each month. If you do not like the products, you can always retake the quiz. When you first sign-up, you may be on the waiting list for about a month, no more than two.


So, the first things that I see are the pretty blue and floral bag, a theme card and a pamphlet. Ipsy always sends a different bag your items are received in each month! You also get a "theme card" -which this one says "Classic Beauty." I also received a introductory pamphlet + a sample from EM cosmetics.

Here is a closer view of the contents:


The back of the theme card shows all of the possible brands that are in each bag. It also shows you the discount you will receive from all of the brands whether you received them in your particular bag or not- for a limited time.



Sample of the new EM cosmetics line by Michelle Phan!

I really love the shade of blue they selected for the bag.


 Now on to the good part with no further ado!!!

I received a NYX eyeshadow in the shade: Lanikai. It's a pretty blue with a purplish hue to it. The formula is pretty pigmented and it's a really pretty shade with slight shimmer.


Here is "It's So Big" volumizing mascara by Elizabeth Mott. I've never heard of this brand before and I wish I would've gotten the nail polish or highlighter instead. I have a lot of sample mascaras already. Not a complaint, just a comment!


I also received a Star Looks kohl eyeliner pencil in Obsidian. When I swatched it, the formula went on smoothly and I think it would be great to use for a smoked out look. I'm personally more of a liquid eyeliner gal but I am sure I can get some use out of this!


Ipsy was nice enough to send two Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gel packets for me to try. I've heard really great things about these and the brand and I can't wait to try them! I read that there is instant payoff once you apply these to your eyes.


Finally, I received a Cailyn tinted lip balm in Big Apple. I really like the packaging and it's a stain! It was really hard to remove the swatch from my hand! So, I of course know it has good color payoff already and I really like the shade of red. Great for the holiday!


You remove the top and it has a soft brush attached to apply your lip balm. Clever!


Here are the swatches from the products I received...


This monthly Ipsy subscription is $10 a month, I think this is a pretty great bag to sample. The only thing that was a little small but still a great sample size was the mascara this month.


I also wanted to show you the other two bags I've received in the past two months. The pink plastic one was for Summer and the purple Glamour Academy was last months. I really like the bag themes, you can give them away (with a few samples!) or keep them.


I hope you liked this post! Follow me on Google Friend Connect by clicking on "Join this site" if you haven't already!
If you have any questions/comments, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
 
Always remember, true beauty starts from within. Xo
SHARE:
Post a Comment
© Beauty Bar Daily. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig