Friday, September 6, 2013

Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain Review (w/ swatches)

Hi my beauties and beaus!

Jordana is all the rave with their new lip stains, so I had to try them out! I tried the darkest in "Cranberry Crush" to see how it held up for approximately 2 hours. It stained a little but not as much as the Revlon brand. I also tried "Honey Love" and that one did not stain my lips at all. This is just my personal experience with the lip balms, I've heard others state their lips were stained with a few of the colors I purchased.

I also think the Jordana brand is a lot more moisturizing than the Revlon brand. They are also half the price, so I would recommend them as a lip balm. I did not purchase the nude shade because it has pieces of glitter in the formula and I did not purchase the coral because it was a little too orange for my taste.

Overall, I really love the wearable colors, the price point and the formula but disagree with the "lip stain" claim.

Here is my breakdown of the product:
  1. Moisturizing
  2. Easy to use, twist packaging 
  3. Glossy finish when you first apply
  4. Not drying 
  5. Very wearable colors
  6. More of a lip balm than a lip stain
  7. They have a very light, pleasant candy scent. (A mix of Starburst and Cotton Candy!)
Here is "Cranberry Crush" after approximately 2 hours (They look a little more stained in the photo than they actually look in person):


Here are the swatches:

I hope you liked this post, comment with any questions or to share your own experience!

"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art." 

Xo,
R

Subscribe if you haven't already!

SHARE:
Post a Comment
© Beauty Bar Daily. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig