Monday, September 9, 2013

Review: L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder



Hello everyone!!

I wanted to share my thoughts on the L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder. I've used it for about 2 weeks with and without a primer. I've also used powder to set it and I also tried not setting it with powder.

The coverage is sheer to light and slightly buildable, but not too much. The liquid is true to it's name, it gives you a "nude" finish. Your skin still shows through and will not cover major imperfections if that's what you're looking for in a foundation. My favorite way to wear it is with a primer, concealer and a light coat of powder to set my t-zone.

It does not last all day but it will hold up for a decent amount of time (4-6 hours), especially if you set it. The consistency is pretty runny and messy to use. I applied it with my fingers as suggested on the bottle. I feel that a brush or sponge would soak up the product. I would suggest maybe going over problem areas with a flat brush to build it up though. On the bright side, it does absorb rather quickly into a semi-matte yet silky finish. 


The before and after is with one coat of the liquid.


I would not recommend this for dry skin, this will stick to dry patches. I had a small dry patch by my nose and it really magnified it. As far as packaging, I think it's a nice glass bottle but beyond inconvenient- especially since they recommend using your fingers to apply. It could get pretty messy when you're in a hurry!



The L'oreal website says:

Get the ultimate un-makeup look with Magic Nude Liquid Powder Bare Skin Perfecting Makeup with SPF 18. Revolutionary liquid transforms on contact, leaving a soft powder like finish. This foundation is so amazingly lightweight it's like wearing no makeup at all! Just shake and apply – it’s magic!

Breakdown:
  1. Not for dry skin
  2. Sheer to light coverage to reveal a fresh faced look
  3. Better with a primer since this does not reduce the appearance of large pores
  4. Lasted for 4-6 hours
  5. Does not feel heavy at all
  6.  It does contain broad spectrum SPF 18
  7. The spout and packaging are not convenient
  8. Doesn't crease
  9. Buff Beige #324 was a match for my skin
  10. Covers redness 
  11. Comes in 12 shades
  12. Retails for $12.95

I hope you liked this post, comment with any questions or to share your own experience!

Always remember, true beauty starts from within. Xo
 
SHARE:
Post a Comment
© Beauty Bar Daily. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig