Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Top 10 Makeup Products Under $5!


Hello all!

I wanted to share a few of my favorite high quality products for under $5! Who doesn't like a deal!?

Starting from left to right with no further ado...

  1. e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush, $3.00 - I am obsessed with this brush! I actually have two of them. I use one for applying powder and the other to apply foundation or BB Cream. It's really soft and gets the job done. The brush can stand up to other high-end brands on any day. There's been minimal bristle fall out but all brushes tend to have that issue. It's also dense for even coverage and it's gentle on the skin.
  2. Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain, $2.99 - I just reviewed these as a lip balm! (You can read the review here) I love all of the colors that I've purchased and they are always in my purse. They apply smoothly and they come in beautiful colors that are wearable for all skin tones. They aren't drying at all and you need them in your collection!
  3. Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color, $2.48 -  The Sally Hansen nail polish is opaque and they have a lot to choose from. The formula is great quality and you wouldn't miss paying more for a higher-end brand at all! I personally just love the "Pacific Blue" color, it's just that perfect blue that you've been looking for... The color would look good on everyone!
  4. COVERGIRL Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm, $4.94 - These have been living in my purse for a while now. They have replaced a few of my go-to lip products. These have a decent amount of color payoff and they moisturize your lips. They also have a very pleasant scent. I really can't say enough good things about this product!! I also like the social media hashtag names, pretty clever...
  5. Jordana Fabuliner Liquid Eyeliner, $2.99 - The eyeliner has a great felt tip for easy application. The product does not dry out quickly at all. Also, the black is not a faded black, it's jet black! Give it a try, I think you'll love!
  6. e.l.f Studio Blush, $3.00 - These blushes actually surprised me because they are quite pigmented. I have purchased a few and I love them all. Some are matte and other colors have a bit of a shimmer, depending on what you like. I like the sleek packaging because it reminds me of NARS and they last all day for me.
  7. N.Y.C Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720A, $2.79 - I think this is the perfect matte drugstore bronzer. You can contour with it or just give your face a nice sun-kissed glow. It's nice to use year round and would look best on light to medium skin tones. At this price, it's a steal!
  8. NYX Powder Blush, $5.00 - What can I say? I love my blushes! I really love the shade range of this line. Also, these give you that perfect flushed look without looking too made up. The formula is smooth and pigmented. You can find most shades within your favorite brand but these have the price advantage! A few do go on rather light, so you may have to build up to the look you want but for $5, c'mon!
  9. NYX Butter Gloss, $5.00 - Another NYX product has made it's way on my list... These glosses are wonderful! The name says it all, they go on like BUTTER and the scent is so sweet and just...(sigh) I'm just obsessed with them! They are not sticky and have a nice pigmentation.The color range is great, so no matter what your skin tone - you'll find a beautiful shade! I also like that they are shiny but not shimmery. 
  10. NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder, $5.00 (The pricing varies on this one!) - I'm a fan of a natural looking eyebrow.  I use a clear eyebrow gel on most days but when I want to add a little drama to my makeup routine, I always reach for this product. This defines my brows in a very natural looking way. I purchased "Brunette" and it's the perfect match for my naturally dark brown hair which I always dye black. Sometimes I mix both of the colors that come with it and other times I use one or the other. I also use the wax to set them and it works perfectly. My only gripe would be the packaging is kind of small and the brush that comes with it is not ideal- I use my own angled brush. Due to the price and the formula, this is not a big deal to me!
I hope you liked this post, comment with any questions or to share a product that I should try!


Always remember, true beauty starts from within. Xo
 


SHARE:
Post a Comment
© Beauty Bar Daily. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig