Monday, October 21, 2013

Curly Hair Problems!


Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a great weekend!

I have naturally curly hair and I have gone through product after product trying to tame my mane! The products that I am going to discuss can work for all hair types, so stick around...

So, I have came across so many curly hair myths while trying products for curly hair. One of the major myths is that you must stick to products formulated for curly hair, FALSE! I have thick hair and most of the curly hair formulated products give my hair a tighter curl. I prefer a loose curl to a wave look, so I branched out and tried other products for all hair types and some I read stated they worked best for straight hair. 

I was happy with the results that the other products gave me. I had the smooth, loose curl/wave texture that I wanted and my hair didn't feel like straw. Also, any product with a high level of alcohol will make your hair feel hard and just not pleasant. I've learned this the hard way and I have old photos to look back at, I guess that's the fun part!? Most of the products that I have found for other hair types have the smoothing, anti-frizz + humidity ingredients that curly hair needs. 

Here's just a few products that I think you should try:
  1. Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Cream  - This is the only curl focused product I would recommend at this time. If you feel that your hair is dry or just in need of a little extra care, I would try this product out. The regular formula is great too, I would apply on damp hair and blow dry with a diffuser.
  2. Fekkai Glossing Cream - The product works really well on my hair. It gives me incredible shine and smoothes down frizz. It also works great if I flat iron my hair as a final touch product.
  3. Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press - Well, this product is just amazing! I really like that it's a type  of a spray + thermal protectant. It will help with curls or smoothing out with a flatiron. If that's not enough, the formula provides a flexible hold and fights frizz! Obsessed!
  4. Davines Oi/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion - Is it worth the money, you ask? 100x YES! This is a holy grail hair product. It makes your hair feel amazing and healthy. It will not weigh down your hair, fade your hair color, smells amazing, it's tough on frizz/flyaway strands and adds high gloss shine.
  5. Hask Placenta Pure Shine Polishing Serum - This product would be the least expensive of all 5. That does not mean the quality isn't there, I picked this up at my local Rite-Aid and I really love it. It makes my hair look healthy and shiny if I wear it curly or straight. A little goes a long way and I love the scent. My brother also likes this product, it makes his hair look smooth when he applies it to his damp hair and lets it air dry.
I like so many products but I wanted to list a few of the brands that I have tried recently. I also like that most of these products are for all hair types.

Also, I wanted to share what I read a while back.. the key ingredient in most shampoos is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, this ingredient is pretty hard on most curly hair. Due to this ingredient it is smart for us not to wash our hair that often or go to an alternative of dry shampoos or washing your hair sometimes with certain conditioners in between shampoo washes. This will also help keep the frizz at bay and help with any dryness!

 

Love it! Found it on the internet!
What would you recommend for hair?

I hope you enjoyed this post! Follow me on Google Friend Connect by clicking "Join This Site" or via the other social media platforms below... if you haven't already!
 
If you have any questions/comments, feel free to leave them below.

“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”

Xo,
R


SHARE:
Post a Comment
© Beauty Bar Daily. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig