Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fall Lip & Nail Trends | October 2013


Hi my loves! I hope the weekend is treating you well!

I have absolutely been loving the Fall trend of oxblood and burgundy lips with a matching mani/pedi. There are other color trends that I love but this rich color scheme is so gorgeous.

I can't lie, I would wear this all year round. I really like the deep reds, burgundies, and oxblood shades. I also like that all skin tones can pull this off. I would of course pair this with a neutral or cat eye look. 

Here are a few great examples of a 'vampy' to burgundy lip with neutral or smokey eyes that I have borrowed from the interwebs:

Miranda Kerr in Revlon Black Cherry lipstick
Dita Von Teese







I really think aside from the colder weather, these would also be wonderful 'painting the town red' night out looks. The soft, tousled hair looks really pretty or Dita's retro, soft wave is perfection. The holiday season is right around the corner and I will be rocking this dark lip with neutral eye look.

I have put together a list of a few of my favorite brands and the name of the color for you!

Here we go, nail polishes from left to right are as follows:
  1. Sally Hanson Complete Salon Manicure in Oxblood
  2. L'oreal Nail Color in Oxblood Red
  3. TopShop Nail Polish in Glitter Burgundy
  4. Essie Nail Polish in Burgundies
  5. Deborah Lippman Nail Color in Dark Side of the Moon
... and the lipsticks from left to right:
  1. MAC Lipstick in Cyber
  2. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry
  3. Milani Lip Color in Black Cherry
  4. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Shame
  5. MAC Lipstick in Dark Side
This look shouldn't intimidate you, makeup is supposed to be fun and something to experiment with. If you're not fond of a strong lip during the day, you can simply pat on the color lightly and and then blot to remove any excess. You can also apply a gloss over it to make it more of a sheer look. To set the lipstick, you can also apply translucent powder over your lips to set the color/make it last a little longer.

Don't forget matte lipstick has great color payoff and most will leave a stain behind. You may not want to use a liner and you can apply the lipstick again, by patting on the lip color to create a stain look, rather than the full blown color.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Follow me on Google Friend Connect by clicking "Join This Site" or via the other social media platforms below... if you haven't already!
 
If you have any questions/comments, feel free to leave them below.

“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”

Xo,
R

SHARE:
Post a Comment
© Beauty Bar Daily. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig