Thursday, October 10, 2013

Forever 21 Cosmetics | Palette & Lipstick Review


I was in Forever 21 the other day shopping their new Bat Collection and I stumbled upon the cosmetics...of course! I know many people feel that it's a clothing store, so the cosmetics will probably not be worth trying. 

I have tried their makeup remover wipes and gloss in the past and I really liked the quality. The gloss was a tad sticky but so are many of the high quality glosses. I decided to pick up a shadow palette that won me over with the packaging and a creme lipstick.

 
I chose the F21 love & beauty 10 Shadow Palette ($5.80) and I would like to mention that they do not test on animals. Again, I really love the leopard print packaging and I like the on-the-go size of it.


The palette contains 5 neutral/day shades on top and 5 multi/night shades on the bottom row. I think it's a great idea to have a palette go from day to night as we see in higher end brands. The palette also comes with a double sided brush and a round mirror.

I photographed the shadows with and without flash. Here is the top row:

 


 Here is the bottom row:


The shadows feel really soft and blend out well. There is a little fallout but overall I like the color payoff. I think they look a lot better in person and they last a little longer with a primer. All of the shadows are shimmers but not a chunky glitter type at all. I would recommend these for someone that wants to try shimmers, color, and/or someone who is new to makeup. I think it's a fun palette to try and you cannot beat the price tag on this one!

I did see a 12 shade palette and it was too chalky and you could tell it didn't have any color payoff. So like a lot of brands, you just have to shop around and find the best out of the bunch.

I wanted to try a lipstick from F21 and I saw that they carried mattes and cremes at this particular location. So, I chose a love & beauty creme lipstick in Brick ($3.80).

The packaging on the lipstick also reads: Not tested on animals.

I really liked the gold, sleek packaging and liked that there was a color coded swatch at the bottom of the tube. The lipstick glides on, so did the matte. After wearing the lipstick for a couple of hours and eating and drinking, I could tell it leaves a stain on your lips. The lipstick feels moisturizing but does not have great lasting power, the stain is a plus though!


The color looks a little deeper in person and I thought it was a really pretty wearable red for all skin tones. Again, if you want to experiment with other shades and get out of your comfort zone - this would be the best way and it will not really tug on your wallet. They offer many shades: nudes, pinks, reds, oranges, etc.

Do you have any Forever 21 beauty favorites?

I hope you liked this post! Follow me on Google Friend Connect by clicking on "Join This Site" if you haven't already!
If you have any questions/comments, feel free to leave them in the comments below.

Imperfection is Beauty. Xo

SHARE:
Post a Comment
© Beauty Bar Daily. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig