Monday, October 28, 2013

How To: Tutorial for Soft, Fuller Lips + Lipstick Application



It's chapped lip + dark lip season, not exactly a match made... Well, I have put together a little tutorial on how I prep and apply my lipstick for the smoothest application. During the process I will let you know how this can assist you with the appearance of fuller lips!

I'll post the step-by-step photos with an explanation below each:

  • I grab my exfoliator, [I'll list all products used at the end of the tutorial. Usually, I moisten my lips a bit because it applies better that way.]
  • In a circular motion, I apply the exfoliator all over my lips.
  • #3 is showing that my lips have been scrubbed.
  • I then continue to rub in and 'heat' up the product using my finger.
  • Take a hand towel and continue to exfoliate further as you are wiping it off.
  • Lightly apply your favorite lip balm (not pictured).
I just want to elaborate a little more as to why I added steps #4 and #5 for you. These steps assist with bringing blood circulation to the lips and help plump them. I skip this step on a regular basis because my lips are naturally fuller. If you have naturally full lips, you can skip these steps and just smack/rub your lips together to ensure all of the dead skin is being removed. This can be done a few times a week for everyone. I tend to have drier lips, so this really helps me a lot. Also, you can use any lip exfoliator.

You can also use a tooth brush, a towel or sometimes I use my cleansing system and I quickly go over them with it. My preferred method is a yummy scrub though!

  • To make sure my lipstick last just a little longer, I pat on translucent powder or any powder that you may have.
  • Take your lip liner and line your lips.
  • Then, I take the lip liner and fill in my lips.
  • I apply the lipstick that closely matches my lip liner.
  • Ta-dahhh! You now have soft, fuller lips and a pretty pout of lipstick!
If you want, you can repeat steps #6-#9 to really create a barrier. I usually just do this once and throw my lip products in my bag for touch ups!

Products used:

e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator - clear





Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rose Kiss
 






MAC Cosmetics Cherry lip pencil and Ruby Woo lipstick

 

 *post contains affiliates

I hope you enjoyed this post! Follow me on Google Friend Connect by clicking "Join This Site" or via the other social media platforms below... if you haven't already!
 
If you have any questions/comments, feel free to leave them below. I really appreciate each and every one of you who read my blog and take time to comment and/or share. Thank you so much!

"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart."

Xo,
Rose
SHARE:
Post a Comment
© Beauty Bar Daily. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig