I also wanted to point out that these products would be great if you frequently go for sunless tanning. It's important to prep your skin, especially rougher areas so the formula will not cling or gather. Nobody wants to look streaky/uneven and scrubbing away dead skin will do wonders for your sunless tan. I am sure the spa will tell you what to do to prep for your spray tan! Scrubs will also help if you find that your tan is too dark or streaky.
Let's get started with the products...
1. Lush - Let the Good Times Roll (Starts at $12.95): Well, the caramel corn scent is a huge plus for starters and it's for all skin types. I like that the exfoliant beads are fine but still do the job. This scrub has helped with impurities within the skin and leaves your skin very soft. The scent does linger a little but it smells so good! After a few uses, it does leave a glow to the skin as the description states.
2. Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish ($20.00): I love the ingredients and again, the scent. A combination of shea butter, sweet almond oil, peach seed powder, sea salt and sugar is really a winning combo! This is extremely good for the "rough" areas like knees, elbows, etc. and really would be great before a spray tan. It also leaves your legs really smooth and I find that to be heaven scent during the colder months.
3. Origins Incredible Spreadable Smoothing Ginger Body Scrub ($29.00): I really like the packaging because it makes it really enjoyable to use the product- you can really control how much you use. This product is not incredibly moisturizing but it does do it's job, you just have to add a little moisturizer afterward. I think this would be good for oily skin types. I also like the scent of this one, if you couldn't tell, I am huge on scents! I would like the tube to be a tad bigger for the price point.
4. The Body Shop Spa Wisdom Africa Ximenia & Salt Scrub (Currently 40% off: $16.80): I think this would be another great pre-sunless tan scrub. The formula is good to concentrate on rougher areas and to make sure the spray tan will not cling to any dry areas. The formula has the right amount of scrub and I would recommend for all skin types. With all salt scrubs, I would like to point out not to put them over any scrapes or abrasions which could cause discomfort or stinging.
5. Bliss Hot Salt Scrub ($38.00): The price may seem a little high to a few but I encourage you to try it. It really is very close to getting a spa-like scrub at home. I also like the fresh scent, it smells very spa-like if that makes sense! It leaves your skin smooth and dissolves easily due to the fine exfoliants. My favorite part would have to be that it's self heating and you just feel extremely pampered afterward.
6. Kiehl's Since 1851 Creme de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Body Polish (Starts at $11.00): This scrub leaves your skin ever so soft and has a pleasant scent. I am a fan of all scrubs that do not contain huge granules because they seem harsh on the skin and this wins in that area as well. I really like that you can tell it instantly works on your skin and I really love the texture of it.
7. Michael Todd Walnut Grapefruit Scrub ($14.00): Michael Todd products are new to my collection but they have wowed me so far. I even have a separate review featuring this exact product, you can read here. I think the quality of this product vs. the price point is really a steal! The formula has a citrus scent and fine granules. I really like how my skin feels after I use this product once a week. The texture is perfect for all skin types, it's not harsh at all.
8. Million Dollar Tan Body Buffer Tingly Peppermint Scrub (Starts at $12): This would be the favorite for sunless tans. This product will ensure that your sunless tan will apply evenly and fade evenly. It contains a peppermint scent, so it will feel fresh and minty. Your skin will also feel soft and moisturized after use. I have not tried the sunless tan products from this brand but I've heard nothing but great things and I will be trying them soon!
9. Alba Sea Salt Scrub ($12.49): I would recommend this one for mainly the rougher areas on your body due to the large granules. This would even be great for your feet and hands. It's kind of oily, so I would not recommend for oily skin. The scent is okay and does not last. It's best for someone with extra dry skin in my opinion or again, the rougher areas like knees, elbows, etc.
10. DIY: Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub (Perfect scent for the season!)
I found this recipe a while back and I wish I remembered where so I could tag the information. If I find it, I will make sure to add to the comment section.
You will need:
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of Sunflower Oil (I tried Olive Oil and it had a strong scent to it)
- 1 Tablespoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- Begin by mixing the 2 cups of brown sugar and the 1 cup of granulated sugar until it's lump free
- Add in the oil and the extract
- Mix all ingredients well
- Scoop into a sealable container or a mason jar
I hope you liked this post! Follow me on Google Friend Connect by clicking on "Join This Site" if you haven't already!
If you have any questions/comments, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
Imperfection is Beauty. Xo