I hope everyone has had a great start to the week and we're half way until Friday, so let's hang in there!
I like an array of nail polish brands but I am fond of Essie and their formula. I haven't bought an entire seasonal nail polish collection until Essie came out with their Fall 2013 collection. I immediately wanted every color. My love for Fall and the colors they selected were just a match made.
From the Essie website:
It’s a material world. This fall, a textile-inspired nail color palette piles on the luxe and amps up the chic. Colors take their cues from rich flannels, sumptuous knits, hints of lace and ultra-fine silk twill – for sensuously seductive lacquer looks.
I have quickly swatched the colors so you can see how these beautiful colors look applied. Please be warned they are not perfect at all and I need a manicure...
- Cashmere Bathrobe is the perfect Fall grey with a hint of shimmer.
- For the Twill Of It is a beautiful iridescent color that has hints of emerald green, purple, and a beautiful shimmer as well.
- After School Boy Blazer is a very deep navy blue and it almost looks black as you can see above, I really love this color.
- Vested Interest is a teal green color and I love this color in general, so I really like how dark it is for Fall.
- The Lace Is On is a very pretty purplish pink and also has a shimmer to it.
- I think Twin Sweater Set is the perfect red in general but especially for the upcoming holidays!
I own a lot of nail polishes but I do not have any that quite match this set, it's perfect for the upcoming months and on. If you have been thinking about getting this set or maybe a few of the colors, I think you will be impressed. Also, they are quite opaque, so a little goes a long way. I really dislike nail polishes that require several coats to look like the bottled color. I swatched one to two coats for the images above. I just wanted to mention that I like to use a base coat for darker colors and top coat for mega shine.
If you follow me on Instagram, I also have a mini video to show the colors in action!
I hope you liked this post! Follow me on Google Friend Connect by clicking on "Join This Site" if you haven't already!
If you have any questions/comments, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
Imperfection is Beauty. Xo