Monday, February 15, 2016

Top 5 Drugstore Foundations

I wanted to share a quick list of drugstore, affordable foundations in case you are in the market to try something new. These foundations are comparable to some high end brands as they perform just as well and leave more cash in your wallets. Who doesn't like that?

Here are the top 5 in my opinion and I have linked the cheapest price I see on the net.

1. Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation
 Great staying power, keeps me matte, a little goes a long way, buildable formula -Con: No pump

2. L'oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation
 Great formula, you can use the pad it comes with to press into the skin or a brush/beauty blender of your choice, makes my skin appear dewy and healthy. A little goes a very long way. Con: May not be great for oily skin unless you set with powder. I have combo skin and it tends to look shiny after a long day without touch ups or setting it. It can work for you but you must set it!

3. L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation
 I like the easy to use packaging as you can control how much comes out. It is not runny but has a good consistency. The formula keeps you matte and provides great coverage. Great staying power.

4.  Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation 
Love the packaging, has SPF of 15, helps your skin as it has Actyl C aka "a more durable" form of Vitamin C. As I cannot fully say it helped my skin, I can say I do like to use it daily and it doesn't clog my pores. I feel like it could have these benefits as I continue to use it. This is the first foundation that I am almost completely out of and I like the concealer as well. I also like the coverage, it is light to medium and good for all skin types.

5. Revlon ColorStay 24HR Foundation
Often compared to a higher end brand, now has a pump, great staying power, awesome coverage, stays matte and overall should be in your collection.

Also, I know it is sometimes difficult to select your perfect shade, when it doubt, select the lighter option as a little bronze and blush can make it work. I also like "N" or neutral option as this will not really pull to pink or too yellow for you. I would rather have a yellow based foundation for my skin tone. If you are a beginner, just compare the shades side by side and you will see which ones look "pink" and so forth.

What are your favorites?

Keep in touch!
 
 
You can also click on 'Join this Site' on the right hand side!

 
Until next time,
Rose
SHARE:
Post a Comment
© Beauty Bar Daily. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig