Sunday, February 19, 2017

IT Cosmetics CC Cream vs. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector


I am a fan of the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC cream ($38.00). I like the packaging, the lemony scent, SPF and the coverage of the formula. I was very intrigued when I stumbled upon an item that appeared to be a drugstore version by Neutrogena for under $10.00. 

The Neutrogena tube has less product but the size is at a good price point. I noticed immediately that it also had more of a mousse like texture and it was a lighter formula overall. 

Neutrogena was swatched first (left) in Light to Neutral and IT Cosmetics in Medium, their most popular shade (right). 


IT Cosmetics has a medium to full coverage, if you prefer this, you will not like the Neutrogena coverage as it is more sheer. It's not that buildable but I actually like it as it let's your face breathe more. The only negative is the scent for me, while IT Cosmetics has a lemony scent I adore, Neutrogena really falls short with more of a sunscreen scent. 

Bottom line, if you want more coverage go with IT Cosmetics, if you want an everyday light coverage, go with Neutrogena, I am happy with both overall and you cannot beat grabbing this at Target for under $10 to give it a try.

Also, I find that using a flat top, dense brush and a bouncy/patting motion works best with the Neutrogena formula If you try to swirl the brush over your face, it is streaky since the formula is thinner/mousse like. A beauty blender works best with IT Cosmetics so it applies evenly and not so heavy. 

I hope you found this review helpful!


Keep in touch!


Xo,


Rose
SHARE:
Post a Comment
© Beauty Bar Daily. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig